Spine Animation Track

Slate Forums Custom Clips Spine Animation Track

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  abuki 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

darkmagicck
    Participant

Hi,

Spine is a 2D skeleton solution.
    We made the Spine Animation Track to support controlling spine animations.

In order to preview the animation in editor, we changed some of SpineSDK’s codes, so we included Spine’s codes in this package.

You can use the SpineAnimationTrack just like the internal AnimationTrack, which can add clips, set default clip, and control.

How to add spine track:
    add-spine-animation-track

Right click on the track to add clip, edit the clip’s property in inspector:
    Note: As for time scale, it’s the clip’s own playback speed. It does not affect Time.timeScale;
    spine-animation-inspector

Code by StudioGM

(The forum seems unable to add zip or unitypackage attachments)
    Download the package in attachments
    Remove the name extension to open the unitypackage.
    SLATE_SpineAnimationTrack.unitypackageremove.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

darkmagicck
    Participant

I missed a file called SpineJsonCache which cached the skeleton’s json parsed object in runtime to save reload same skeleton time.

You can just remove the SpineJsonCache code to use original spine’s code.

Keep those lines like this:

Gavalakis
    Keymaster

Hello!

That’s awesome of you sharing that! Thanks a lot!
    I am downloading to check it out right now.

Regarding the attachments I am sorry for that. I just enabled .unitypackage, .zip and .rar attachements (forgot to do so).
    If you want, you can re-upload the package now that the attachments are working correctly 🙂

With your permission, I’d also like to wrap it up and upload it the Downloads sections of the website (along with a link to your post of course). Is that ok with you?

Thanks again! 🙂

darkmagicck
    Participant

Hi, I just made a clean package which reformed the folder structure, and removed the modified json cache codes.
    You can simply start a new project, import SLATE, and then import this package to test it out. (Tested under Unity5.4.1f1 with SLATE1.5.0)

I added a small Demo scene Under Assets/ParadoxNotion/SLATE Extension/Spine/Demo/

(By the way I did not see any edit button in my post so I can only upload this package here in reply)

Feel free to share this package, Gavalakis. It’s you who made this awesome Cutscene Tool, Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Gavalakis
    Keymaster

Great! Thanks for uploading again and also thanks for your feedback. I am very glad you like Slate 🙂
    By the way, I’ve expanded on your extension and made it possible to also work with the original runtimes, as well as support blend in/out and blending between different animations, similar to the Animation/Animator Track 🙂
    I will also upload my version once the new Slate version is live (pending review right now), because there are some dependencies with the new changes (which were mostly inspired by the needs I saw you had creating your version)

Thanks again! 🙂

abuki
    Participant

Hello, will you also add support to Skeleton Animator component? I purchased Slate but can’t get the cutscene running, because I am not able to play spine animations and I can’t change from Skeleton Animator to Skeleton Animation.

I am working on Dimension Brothers

Gavalakis
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Sorry for the late reply.
    I have just updated the Spine extension in the Downloads section to work with both SkeletonAnimation and SkeletonAnimator! 🙂
    Let me know if that works well for you.
    Cheers!

abuki
    Participant

I just tested it quickly and it works. Thank you very much!

I am working on Dimension Brothers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.